|Sun, May 5 2019 at 9:00 AM until Sat, May 11 2019 at 9:30 AM||Sun, May 5 2019 - Sat, May 11 2019||9:00 AM to 9:30 AM||Adventure Trips|
Trip Dates: Sunday, May 5, 2019- Saturday, May 11, 2019
o Register and pay online at tinyurl.com/PRMay2019 by Friday, April 19 at noon
o All participants are required to attend pre-trip meetings scheduled for:
o Friday, April 12th 6-8pm in MSC 1306 (CLCE Classroom)
o Friday, April 19th, 6-8pm at USF Riverfront Park
o Following successful registration, a link will be provided to complete the Education Abroad application, due by Sunday, April 21st at midnight
A participant’s spot on the trip is not confirmed until they complete registration and pay in full with Campus Recreation, complete their Education Abroad paperwork, and complete required pre-trip trainings.
o $600 due at time of registration. Includes: all in territory travel, lodging, meals, outdoor adventure fees (bioluminescent kayaking, etc), camping gear, cultural tours, and more during the program.
o ~$200 average flight from TPA to SJU (Students will book their own flights once accepted to the program)
o ~$200 average spending money (recommended) for meals on your own during personal travel to and from program, souvenirs, and appropriate outdoor gear if you do not already own it (Required: closed-toed work boots or hiking shoes, water shoes, and raingear)
• Do I need a passport to travel to Puerto Rico? Puerto Rico is a United States territory, U.S. citizens do not need to carry a passport to travel there. International students will need to bring their passport.
• What am I expected to bring? A pack list will be provided in mandatory pre-trip meetings.
• Which airport will I fly into? Participants will be giving instructions as to what flight to book into San Juan (SJU).
• What is the deadline to register? Wednesday, April 10 at noon
• What if I cannot attend the pre-trip meetings? Accommodations will be made for individuals who have class scheduled during pre-trip meetings. No other excused absences are allowed, so ensure you can attend the pre-trip meeting dates when you register.
Trip Leader is Natalie Galeano, firstname.lastname@example.org>
Refund Policy for USF Adventure Trips
4+ Days Trip
100% Refund > 2 weeks
100% refund > 3 weeks
100% refund > 1 month
50% Refund > 5 days
50% refund > 2 weeks
50% refund > 3 weeks
20% refund > 2 days
20% refund > 5 days
20% refund > 2 weeks
0% refund < 2 days
0% refund < 5 days
0% refund < 2 weeks
Trip times listed above and itineraries are subject to change based on weather, unforeseen circumstances, and risk management/logistical decisions from the Adventure Trip Program Staff. Full refunds will be issued in the event of the trip’s cancellation or if requested after being informed by the trip leader of a major change to the trip itinerary (i.e. trip location change, variation from activities advertised). All refund requests can be submitted to email@example.com.
USF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access Institution. For disability accommodations, contact Steven Koster at (813-974-9376), a minimum of 5 working days in advance.